Forum

Advertisement

Notifications
Clear all

Bent axle

Steve Shelton
(@Steve Shelton)
Topic starter  

My daughter just purchased a 2017 Winnebago M-170K travel trailer. Upon my inspection I find that the tires cant inward at the top. I cannot slide my fingers between the tires and the trailer wall. It is less than 1/2" between tire and wall. I am unable to find specs on the axle, UVW is listed as 2760 lbs. One, is warranty possible even though past the one year period? Recall? Could there be a fix short of a new axle?

thumbnail IMG 2536

QuoteSolved
 Mike Shelton
(@Mike Shelton)

I recently purchased the exact same camper with the exact same problem. Mines a 2019. I’m having a shop look at mine Monday and hoping possibly to shim the spindle flanges or another simple fix, we’ll see. There’s a 11 year warranty on the Lippert Axle so give them a call. I’m not sure if it’s transferable but I’m still trying to get something out of them for mine. Make sure you check the axle hangers and frame around and behind the axle. I discovered mine was cracked in multiple places and had to have a bunch of plates welded in. I’ll attach the data tag for my axle to assist you.

A81F4C84 FAA9 4194 B0FA 4810FF97FCF2

ReplyQuote
 Mike Shelton
(@Mike Shelton)

Just fyi, after more time chewing on this than I’d like to admit. I’m converting it to a 5200lb leaf spring straight axle. The supposed 3500lb axle under these 2900lb campers is already derated due to the frame width, so really it’s probably closer to a 3200lb axle from the factory. The best solution I’ve found is converting it over to a heavier axle and never worrying about it again.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement