Advertisement

Ask a question or o...

Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion Ask a question or offer a comment

(@chuck)
Admin
Topic starter  

What do you think of our new forums? How do you feel about the new coronavirus variant and how it might affect our RVing lives? Or simply comment on anything to do with RVtravel.com.

Topic Tags
 Sue H
(@Sue H)

Love your newsletter! In today’s article, you said “Or we’ll play ‘The Reservation Game’ by using apps that, for a fee, locate last-minute campsite cancellations and book us in the spot in a matter of seconds.”

What are those apps? Thanks.

ReplyQuote
 Pam R.
(@Pam R.)

We bought a Class C 2000 Itasca Spirit and the previous owner had left water in the water heater and when we drained it the odor was horrendous! Question: How can we clean and sanitize it so it's useable again. e.g., Can we run bleach water through it or what would you recommend? Also it had been redesigned to be plugged in and heated by electricity and not propane.

ReplyQuote
(@chuck)
Admin
Topic starter  

Pam, you'll need to ask our repair and maintenance expert, Dave Solberg, about technical questions like this. I am not an expert at this sort of thing. Dave is at https://www.rvtravel.com/community/ask-dave . He should be able to provide an answer for you.

ReplyQuote
 Rolling Coal
(@Rolling Coal)

how does my reply to a forum topic (last in the thread about headers) get tagged as "James" as the author when I put my name in the author Rolling Coal field?

ReplyQuote
(@imkimc)
Admin

Hey @Rolling Coal - That's is a good question. I see your post here and I see your name showing up as Rolling Coal, with no James anywhere.

I looked at the post and the thread says it was started by John, and the additional comment was by John, no Rolling Coal anywhere.

It looks like if the last post is yours the system had an error and assigned it to the topic starter instead.

Kim

This post was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Kim Christiansen

Kim Christiansen
RVtravel.com Information Technology

ReplyQuote
 Juls
(@Juls)

It is a good idea to get input from medical sources and not just the headlines about any virus or variant.  My rheumatologist referred me to a study in the Lancet (medical reports) about how the people who had Covid-19 were protected with antibodies from any serious illness - not the vaccines. He deals with high risk autoimmune disorders and yet he sees exposure as a better means of fighting off this virus for even some at higher risk. This means, like when people were getting sicker because of overuse of antibacterial hand soap, avoiding exposure is worse than letting your body develop resistance. 

According to the in depth study, those who previously had Covid and later got exposed to the variant had mild to no symptoms and none were hospitalized. 

I have a weakened immune system but I did also have Covid more than a year ago.  I have not worn a mask in months other than to my medical appointments and have yet to catch anything besides some seasonal allergies. 

Human bodies are designed to develop resistance for protection against germs, disease and illness. For many it's safer to be exposed than to get the vaccine which is not a real protection against the mutations.

We won't get past this until we are resistant. 

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@Mike)

Unless I am missing it, can you put a direct link to your forum at the top of the page?

I have to keep going back to the Saturday newsletter to find out how to get to it.

thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@jessica)
Admin

We're still in testing mode and working out the last of the bugs. Once we have everything dialed in, we'll link it in the menu. In the meantime you can bookmark this page: https://www.rvtravel.com/community/

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement