Forum

Advertisement

What are your favor...

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] What are your favorite recycle and/or upcycle uses for gift wrap, boxes, and ribbons?

Gail
(@Gail)
Topic starter  

Hi friends! I'm working on a story about recycle/upcycle uses for gift wrap, boxes, and ribbons and wanted to know what you do with all of that leftover holiday waste. So far I have ideas for carefully folding and storing the items for next year's holiday season, but I'm interested in seeing what other ideas you might have about alternative uses that keep these items out of our landfills. 

Please reply to this thread with your ideas and include your hometown so I can give you credit if I use your idea in my story. I can't wait to hear your suggestions!

Forum Rules
I agree
Terms and Privacy
I Agree
This topic was modified 1 month ago by Gail

QuoteUnsolved
 Kimberly
(@Kimberly)

Something my mother always did, and I started doing when I had my own family: save the Christmas cards that I receive and cut them so that they can be used as gift tags the following year.

ReplyQuote
(@gail-marsh)

I just love the artwork on most Christmas cards, don't you? And I love your (and your mom's) idea, too, Kimberly! Thanks for sharing.

ReplyQuote
 Grace Wilfong
(@Grace Wilfong)

I treasure the cards we get for Christmas but hated the idea of just throwing them out.  What I do now is to cut off the front and glue it to a piece of 8 1/2 by 11 scrapbook paper and put my greeting inside.  I get greeting card envelopes from the office supply store and send them out the next year.  

ReplyQuote
 Gail
(@Gail)
Topic starter  

Brilliant idea, Grace. Thanks for sharing!

ReplyQuote
 Barbara
(@Barbara)

I’ve used the Christmas card before but this year I solved the packing and wrapping…because of COVID-19 and the fact I live on an island off the coast of Washington state I used mail order for 90% of my gifts…I reused the Amazon boxes no wrapping paper required….with the repurposed cards…my kids and grandkids got a big kick out of it…I felt good about not having so much waste…

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement