Advertisement

2019 1995 Lance

Notifications
Clear all

2019 1995 Lance

Lee Brandt
(@Lee Brandt)
Topic starter  

Just read todays review on the new 2022 1995. I’m wondering if the 2022’s have a light tongue weight? My 2019 I have a heck of a time with sway even though I use a e2 WDH. 

QuoteSolved
(@tony)

Sway can happen for a lot of reasons but the first thing you should do is go to a CAT scale and weigh your tow vehicle and trailer. The trailer should have about 15% of the total weight on the tongue of the trailer. 

If its tail heavy that would cause tremendous sway - and could be quite dangerous. Knowing what it weighs and where the weight is distributed would go a long way toward safe towing. 

To get the best measurement you might weigh the front and rear axles of the tow vehicle withOUT the trailer, then weigh them again with the trailer. This will give you the information you need. 

Tire inflation pressure, vehicle speed and other factors, too, can affect sway. Further, what you're towing with can also be a big factor. 

I hope this helps sway you in a safer direction. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)

@tony FINALLY!  An RV review that I'm interested in reading.  Since you found & purchased your current trailer, all I've seen for reviews are of MONSTERS.  Yes, I'm aware a lot of people love their monsters, I just don't happen to be one of them.

I've looked at Lance trailers for years.  Better quality, but beyond my financial ability.  This one looks to be a truly good trailer for singles or couples.  Do you know what type of mechanism is used for the slide-out?

ReplyQuote
(@tony)

I believe it's a Schwintek mechanism.

These do get a bad rap and, yes, they can have issues IF you don't fully extend and retract them. What tends to happen is the motors (they have multiple motors) can lose their timing and the slide box gets out of alignment. 

However this is also really easy to correct by fully extending and retracting the slide room several times, thereby allowing the timing mechanism to reset. 

I, too, am a fan of smaller rigs and you'll notice that I do try to include a lot of these in what I share with the readers here. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)

@tony Thanks Tony.  That info is helpful.  Yes, I know you have to diversify your reviews and respond to folks who want a specific one reviewed.  I get it.  

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement