Clear all

Fifth Wheel Brinkley RV

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
 Richard
(@Richard)
Topic starter  

Thx for the info. It looks great, however, I see nothing more here than another RV built from the Indiana RV Mafia parts bin, Lippert Industries.  This is the problem with all the manufacturers. RV build quality is one issue, but the suppliers of everything else is the biggest issue. And Lippert is on the forefront of building junk. Schwintek slide systems that fail, crappy awnings that are so weak a slight breeze destroys them (my Dometic is bulletproof ), Furrion appliances that fail, peeling Thomas Payne furniture- should I go on?  I see the same shower head system now used by others, the same shower inclosure, etc. I do like the abundance of cabinets (Alliance has way less), but why do the tables next to the sofa not have doors?  I’ve noticed this to be a new trend.  I love the windows, the inside window and door trim, and the mid century look (except the bare light bulb light over the table). The stove looks like yesterday’s models- Alliance has upgraded to better quality. But I love the exterior paint scheme!!!  No stupid 1989’s swirls with various colored stripes. Also following trends, why is the front cap black?  Yup, the executives never cap. Black shows bugs and road dirt badly, and hello- black attracts heat!  What are they thinking?!  The front closet and bedroom will bake with that black cap. This too is the new norm in Indiana. Monkey see, monkey do. Does this RV have Azdel siding?  I will never buy another one without it. In closing, they are off to a good start, but really, putting lipstick on a pig doesn’t change the major industry issues of Indiana. 

Topic Tags
 Betty Dagle
(@Betty Dagle)

I see a lot here that is interesting.  But I want to know what is underneath.  Is ready for 3 or 4 season camping?  What is used in the build? The built in water hose is convenient, but can it be accessed when a leak develops? Where is the floor plan?  Does the kitchen island block the view of the tv? It would be nice if the tv could pull out and rotate so everyone on the sofa and theater seating could watch w/o getting a stiff neck.  Or so the cook could watch.  I like there is no outdoor kitchen.  They never work for me because I am not tall.  Hope to see more.

Betty

ReplyQuote
 Diane Ferzacca
(@Diane Ferzacca)

Beautiful and thoughtful. Round black, thermostat maybe, on wall by the stairs to bedroom looks like a bad spot. All bedrooms should have a fan in the roof vent. The bedroom slide out corner is very sharp right by the outdoor service/storage area.

ReplyQuote
 Diane
(@Diane)

We are in the planning and research stages to go full time in a few years. I always said I hate the ugly brown RV and would have to do a reno inside if I plan to live in the RV. Looking at this RV I am impressed and told my husband I would only have to add personal things and possibly a few changes unless Brinkley determines those changes should happen anyways.

I don't like the framing around the windows interior. In looking at renos folks always removed the framing/valances. While this is nicer than the regular RV but still dislike.

The light fixture over the dinette area is way to industrial and just not pretty. Something I would change out.

My husband likes the televator option but I like more counter space and would be concerned about anything getting into the televator and it doesn't appear to be a practical location when you have seating on the side so unless the TV will rotate some I think it could use a better design there.

The black on the outside I think its too much. I would be concerned with added heat in the bedroom and it's such a stark contrast. Definitely AC in the bedroom. 

I dont know much about quality and have read stories about issues with repairs so hope Brinkley does a better job!

I love the outlets and my husband loves that they use Sonos. The furniture is nicer looking but still kinda cheapie looking.

Overall it's beautiful and would like to see if and what they would do with a toy hauler!  

We still have lots to learn but I can see Brinkley being a possible future home for us and making it harder to look at other RVs!

ReplyQuote
 Paul
(@Paul)

the Brinkley review shows some interesting things worth a much closer look.
1) Do they plan to have prototype model(s) available at the 2023 RV Shows, that you know of?  I’d love to walk thru and get a closer look, in person.  

2) do they a projected production release date? And pricing, as yet? 

ReplyQuote
 Janelle Mehalic
(@Janelle Mehalic)

In my honest opinion I won’t get into breaking down certain areas, Lippert products, Thomas Payne furniture but I will state red flags came up immediately even before reading the rv description. My husband and myself ordered a new 2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH. We were excited until 3 weeks in. I had done extensive research before going with Grand Design as the previous 2-3 years had glowing reviews. After 3 weeks of ownership our rv started failing miserably. I started with dealership but they stopped taking my calls because they were tired of dealing with all the problems. I went directly to manufacturer and was passed from one person to another for three years. I thought I had gotten somewhere when I finally spoke with a woman but that ended after her boss found out she dispatched a Grand Design service tech to our rv. Three of the four gentlemen were with Grand Design and jumped ship. Without referring back to my notes the cofounders of Grand Design came from Thor and Winnebago. All these people do is go from one company to another and put out pure junk at luxury prices. I would stay clear!!!

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement