Advertisement

East to West 230RB

Notifications
Clear all

East to West 230RB

Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Topic starter  

I owned a Nash with this floor plan, never again.  The sofa cross ways at the entry door creates a very narrow entry.  After trying to carry things inside, only to run into the couch, it left.  Removed the couch, took out about a foot of the wall separating it from the bedroom & built another counter space that increased the kitchen counter so the trailer was actually able to have enough counter space for prepping food.  I really did like this trailer, after modifications, with the exception of the rear, side closet.  Not sure who was designing that thing, but you could not open the right hand door of the closet as it hit the toilet.  I really believe people who design trailers should have to do a week of camping in any trailer they design before it goes into production.

QuoteSolved
 Ron Greenleaf
(@Ron Greenleaf)

I’m a new reader of your reviews Tony. (& Peggy)  Just finished your 230RB review... You’re very well spoken, concise and informative. I will be following along.  Thank you Sir.

Ron (“in Utah”)

ReplyQuote
(@tony)

To Ron, thank you for the kind words. 

As to Vickie's point, I couldn't agree more. I will say Nash decision makers tend to be campers and do tend to have their own Nash or other Northwood rigs. But sometimes any RV company looks at a popular design and then simply adapts it to their own production line. I have no idea if this is true of the Nash you had or not. 

As I've written many, many times - many RV decision makers never use RVs as part of their vacation plans at all. You can really tell the companies that have units available for the team to use and which RV decision makers have spent almost no time in the RVs they've been creating. It's such an odd reality to me. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Topic starter  

@tony It really is an odd reality.  One would think that RV manufacturers would want positive reviews of their products.  When there is a closet door that only opens about 4 inches before hitting the toilet, this is simply a careless design (IMO).  That trailer was well built with a rear bath the full width of the trailer, but that closet drove me nuts. I prefer open floor plans to any other, and after our modifications it felt very roomy.  Just too tall & too big for just me and the dog, so I downsized.  Happy with my old 1995 Skyline Boomer, M2010.  Yes, she's stix-n-tin, but as solid as can be, low to the ground and everything in it makes sense and functions as it should.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement