Ember Touring Series

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi Tony.  I am missing your daily RV reviews but "get it".  Too busy, burn out, etc.  On the Ember Touring Series there are a lot of things I like about it.  If they gave me the option of NOT having an outside kitchen & using that space like others (flip up the bunks, use as extra storage or office) that would be a plus.  You and Murphy Beds!  Yuck, no thank you.  Also, the same goes for those stargazer windows on the roof.  Nope, less holes in the roof make me happier & unlike you, I love front windshields (with a cover/awning)so I can keep tabs on my tow vehicle or the outdoors in that direction.  These units have some uncommon aspects that definitely deserve a look.

Tony Barthel reacted
(@tony)

I actually agree with you on the windshield factor. My 1970 Aristocrat Land Liner had a windshield and a front kitchen...but the windshield had a cover from the factory. In that case it made total sense and really added to the open feel of the interior. 

What I'm seeing an increasing number of RV companies do is these nice, curved windshields with no covers. I actually even chipped the windshield on my modern trailer literally the first week I had it. I would love to see the factory provide a cover of some sort. 

As to the Stargazer windows, I like them IF they have a great shade to draw over them. But, of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and perception!

The outside kitchen is always a controversy - some demand it, others despise it. But, you're right, always should be optional. I do like it when they use a 12 volt cooler instead of a bar-sized fridge that runs on household power, though. That's just a dumb feature as your beer will not be cold when you get to the campground. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@tony No cold beer?   OH my, that is a killer on the deal.  I am still ambivalent about the 12V fridges.  I've had no problem with any of my campers with electric/propane.  I'm not up for buying a lot of expensive batteries to maintain that 12V.  As far as the front windshield goes, all of mine, with one exception, had front covers.  That is the only logical way to have them.  Not only for debris protection, but also for shade on those big front windows.  The one trailer that came without a front cover soon had one.  I'm still trying to figure out why all these manufacturers are providing outdoor kitchens.  They take up valuable storage space.  How hard is it to tote along a small folding table & a propane stove?  I don't get it, but some people love their outdoor kitchen.  My old Skyline has a fold out stove on the side and I have never used it.  Checked it out, checked propane lines, etc. but never used it.

ReplyQuote
(@tony)

I'm guessing that some desk jockey MBA (not that there's anything wrong with that) who has never been camping read some survey that an outdoor kitchen is an essential thing and, bam, we have these things. 

The funny ones, to me, are the ones in fifth wheels where they're mounted so high I can't imagine average-sized people being able to use them. 

I do use the heck out of what amounts to an outdoor kitchen on our own travel trailer. I have a rail on the side of the trailer and a flat-top griddle fits out there along with a metal table. But, before that, we brought a folding outdoor kitchen and used the heck out of that over on the road side where, on our specific trailer, there's an outdoor shower. Worked out really well. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement