RKS Off Road Motive

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

FINALLY, a small toy hauler made exactly how I would want it.  Well, almost.  A couple of things I don't care for 1) No hanging closet (maybe turn the safe area into one?) and those awful "solid steps".  What I dislike about those are that all the dirt, mud, & dried grass on the steps get transferred to the interior when you put them up.  UGH, sweeping every time the steps are in?  Not for me, they would go away and I would use another method.  Other than those two things, this is perfect for my needs.  Not sure I'd want to full time in it, but it would be doable with a few additions of mine.

(@tony)

I'm 100% with you but the gun safe in the video was specifically described as an upgrade/option. Talking to the people from RKS Off Road they were very, very flexible in the choices a customer could make in this unit. 

Something I also totally neglected to mention in the story was that there was an actual queen-sized bed on a lift mechanism in this trailer if that makes any difference. Also, the fact that the 12 volt cooler actually also heats the batteries is another example of masterful thinking. Make one thing do multiple jobs. 

When I'm in LA in September I'm going to set-up a meeting at the RKS factory - a lot of what they're doing in that toy hauler is just what I wanted to do in a custom trailer build and, well, they're doing all the work for me. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

When you do  your September visit, please do an update.  I have lots of questions, some of which I asked on their FB page. A great deal of thought went into this one.  Many features that make sense.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement