Advertisement

Solo Traveler recom...

Notifications
Clear all

Suggestion Solo Traveler recommended travel trailers

Kim
(@Kim)
Topic starter  

Hi Tony - Looking for as much information on a travel trailer purchase as I can get.  This is for a female solo traveler (65+) so must be manageable, reliable, easy to tow/set up, solar equipped for boondocking, and around 20' or smaller. Any recommendations will be appreciated.  If you don't want to put on forum, please respond via email if you have the time.  Greatly appreciated.

QuoteSolved
(@tony)

I think this is a great question and I actually write articles for Girl Camper Magazine too. This is an area we look at with particular interest there but I also make sure to keep this in mind with my reviews here. 

I'm happy to help you with this and I think that putting it here could also help others. 

First I want to know what your tow vehicle's cargo carrying capacity is as well as a budget range and if there are any other priorities in mind. For example, do you want to spend a longer time off the grid thereby necessitating larger tanks or do you want to bring along adventure gear like a bicycle or kayak? 

Looking forward to continuing this exchange!

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Kim
(@Kim)
Topic starter  

@Tony Thanks for your reply Tony.  I have a '22 Chevrolet Colorado with towing capacity of 7,000.  The truck's cargo carrying capacity is 1441 lbs.  Not sure yet, but let's figure on 50/50 hookup/boondocking ratio.  Probably a bicycle will be the lonely large gear at this time.  Thank you for your time

ReplyQuote
(@tony)

Oh, good, that's a solid tow vehicle, especially for a smaller trailer 

Okay here are some choices that I think are well made and also really interesting. 

I really like the new Winnebago Hike 100 Series

The new line of Ember RVs was started by Ashley Bontrager and looks to be outstanding. 

The new Snoozy II is pretty slick as well. 

Check out this new little rPod - another slick small rig. 

I've enjoyed Taxa Outdoors' products for a while including this Taxa Cricket

Lastly, I'm a big fan of the Rockwood and Flagstaff products (they're the same trailers with different stickers and different names). You might look to something like the GeoPro 16BH or something about that size. 

Each of these has a link to the article I wrote about it. Let me know if any of these is appealing to you or if we're going the right direction. Thanks for the opportunity - I love looking at RVs as you might imagine. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Kim
(@Kim)
Topic starter  

@Tony Hi Tony - Thank you for the info.  What I failed to mention is that I live in Central Coast California, about 3 hours any direction from a larger metropolitan area, so choices are limited.  I liked the R-Pod 153 (especially dry bath), the Winnebago Hike, and the Geo Pro 19FBS (16BH lower bunk does not flip up).  I loved the Ember Overland 17MRB, but Ember, Taxa, Snoozy brands are not carried in my area and would be a warranty issue.  If any others come to mind (time permitting) please let me know. Especially love the ones with sofas & dry baths (although I can live with a wet).  Thanks again 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement