Wildwood Mini Hauler, FSX 190RT

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I really don't understand why RV manufacturers don't consider weight distribution.  I love the looks of this trailer.  It's open, useable, bright and appealing.  However, I would be very concerned about all the weight being on the driver's side.  If you didn't load those totes with 100s of pounds, I don't believe it would handle well on the road.  I looked at the 210RT and it's layout is much more weight friendly, but, like Tony, I really like the looks of this one better.  I also don't understand why they don't tell you where the fresh/gray/tanks are located.  That also makes a difference in weight when water is used.  If fresh is up front and grey/black is in the back, you lose tongue weight.

(@tony)

I couldn't agree more. But let's look at the typical RV buyer. While lots of folks take a big interest in the huge investment they're making and the responsibilities associated with being an owner. 

But I also see a huge number of posts all over social media with people who can't figure out absolute basic functionality of a huge vehicle they've chosen to be responsible for. Also, RV companies are pretty informal about so many things. Try to get a wiring diagram of almost anything out there - they don't have one. 

I wish this information were available, especially on trailers where the underbellies are enclosed. It would absolutely help with loading. You bring up some great points, Vickie. As usual. 

Find my daily RV reviews
You can also hear my weekly RV podcast

ReplyQuote
 Vickie L McClellan Benson
(@Vickie L McClellan Benson)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, Tony.  I'm sure you are getting tired of my comments, and I don't pick apart the campers out of spite.  I care about my safety & that of fellow travelers.  Some of the campers just are NOT safe (in my opinion), and as much as I love the 190RT, I would have to take it to a scale to see the difference in left/right weight, then figure out how to balance it front/rear & side/side.

I, too, have tried to get wiring diagrams on just about everything I've owned.  Some companies have them but you have to dig & dig, plus be very persistent.  What I find very strange is the lack of availability for any information on campers that are no longer manufactured.  The manufacturer is still in business, so why have they not archived information on their past builds.  It is very frustrating.

I totally forgot I was going to get a photo of my e-trike to you.  If you haven't found any and still want it, I can email it to you.

ReplyQuote
 whiterhunter
(@whiterhunter)

I believe that you could get a 50 inch wide side by side In this trailer the Polaris Trail would ride just fine if the spec I am looking at are correct 

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Maximum allowed file size is 10MB

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Advertisement