By Chuck Woodbury
RV Travel reader Marty Chambers sent along this photo. “My son was working on an air conditioner in an old Class A motorhome. He happened to notice the mushrooms growing out of the floor. He asked the owner about the water leak, and he said it was one of a few.”
Yikes! I have a feeling if the motorhome goes up for sale, it might be a good idea for a potential buyer to stay clear. Who knows what lurks inside? This made me think about a woman I know and her motorhome. I haven’t worked up the courage to ask her for a tour, but when I do I will tell you all about it. But here’s the Cliffs Notes version.
She and her husband brought the Class A motorhome about 10 years ago. They parked it beside their home. And then, before they even used it, he died.
It has never moved. I don’t know the color of the original exterior, but it is now green from years of exposure to the Northwest elements. I don’t believe the RV has even been opened for years. The picture of the mushrooms might be tame compared to what’s inside this rig.
I’m sorry to tell you about this without providing more information, or some actual pictures. I’ll see what I can do to get a tour. I know one thing, I won’t stay inside long. Could be a whole buncha mold in there, and I don’t think that stuff is something you want to breathe.