OK, RV travelers, it’s time for another swell contest, brought to you by the fine folks at RVtravel.com.
The prize: A swell solar powered NOAA weather radio.
We’ll select a winner from the first 200 entries. The first person with the correct answer that we randomly select using Random.org will win.
CONTEST IS OVER.
WE HAVE OUR WINNER
Correct answer below
Here’s the question!
In the 1950s scientists developed a golf ball containing a special ingredient. Alas, while the golf ball had promise it never went into mass production. What was the special ingredient? (Hint: if you read yesterday’s RV Daily Tips Newsletter then you know the answer)
Enter the Contest
• Only enter once or you’ll be disqualified.
• We can only ship prizes to addresses with a U.S. Zip Code or Canadian postal code.
• You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
• You must reply to us, confirming your mailing address, within 18 hours of being notified you are a winner. If not, we’ll hold the prize for another contest.
• If we have no winner by Friday, May 9, by 10 a.m. (Pacific), we will select another winner at random (and the same 18-hour rule will apply). If that winner does not respond, we will hold the prize for another contest.
• No purchase is necessary to enter, and we will not share your information in any way with outsiders unless you win, in which case we will announce your name and hometown to our readers.
The correct answer is Radioactive material. In 1950, scientists developed a golf ball that contained a radioactive material. With a small Geiger counter any caddy could carry, any duffer could find his out-of-bounds “atomic” golf ball, no matter where it lay.