Tuesday, March 21, 2023



RV burns in Oregon from unattended candle

Coos Bay Fire/KCBY.com

Though the motorhome was a total loss, no one was injured when an untended burning candle ignited an RV in Coos Bay, Oregon, on Thursday morning, reported KCBY.

“With this occurring during Fire Prevention Week, Coos Bay Fire Department would like everyone to remember, a candle is an open flame which means that it can easily ignite anything that can burn,” the fire department said in a statement. “Never leave candles unattended because a fire can happen anytime and anywhere.”

Firefighters responded to 63448 Railroad Road in the Bunkerhill area just before 7 a.m.

“Upon arriving at the scene, firefighters found the motorhome fully involved with flames coming out of the windows and door,” the fire department reported. “Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire without damage to the nearby structure or other nearby vehicles.”



0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe to comments
Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Sign up for the

RVtravel Newsletter

Sign up and receive 3 FREE RV Checklists: Set-Up, Take-Down and Packing List.