We have this ongoing debate: Is it better to park under a shaded tree or out in direct sunlight? Which would you choose?
Here are a few pros and cons of each to help you decide:
Pros to parking in shade/under a tree:
- Shade, obviously. Great for relaxing outside!
- AC doesn’t work as hard to keep your RV cool and comfortable
- You can keep RV windows open in cooler temps without making the RV’s interior overly warm
- Less sun damage to RV paint, tires, etc.
Cons to parking under shade tree:
- Sap drips and acorns/nuts/pine cones drop on the roof
- Greater chance of bugs getting into the RV
- There is potential danger from falling tree limbs, especially with rain or wind in the forecast
- Squirrels and/or birds may build nests under slide-out awnings
Pros for parking in the sunshine:
- In cooler temps, the sun will help heat the RV
- Sunshine will make RV brighter/lighter (and cheerier) inside
Cons for parking in the sunshine:
- Fading of RV decals/paint
- Potential damage to tires
- Extra electricity usage from the air conditioner
- Uncomfortable sitting outside in direct sunlight when temperatures climb
Where do you prefer to park: A level lot under a tree or an equally level lot in direct sunshine? Let us know your reasons why in the comments below. Thanks!