Wednesday, November 29, 2023


What we learned about you last week (June 22-28)

By Emily Woodbury

OK, so as we discussed last week, it’s officially summer! You know what that means? It’s only six months until we say goodbye to 2019. What have you done the first half of this year that you’re excited about? That you’re proud of? What will you do the second half of this year that you’ll be excited about? That you’ll be proud of? Here’s an inspiring article that proves you’re never too old to do, well, anything. I’ll check back in with you in December.

All right, let’s learn some stuff about you!

In our newsletter last Saturday, we asked how many amps you usually prefer when hooking up to electricity. More than half of you, 53 percent, say you prefer 50 amps and 45 percent of you say 30 amps is good. Only a tiny 2 percent of you say you’re fine with 20 amps of electricity.

We’re sorry that Monday’s question was confusing to some of you. We asked: How much of your spendable income comes from employment? Yes, technically all those who commented are correct, it could mean your spendable income came from employment at some point, but we meant current employment. These percentages might not be quite accurate because of that, but we’ll give it a go anyway. The majority of you, 67 percent, say none of your spendable income comes from employment; however, 14 percent of you answered that all of it does. A small 11 percent of you answered “some,” and 8 percent of you said “most of it.”

On Tuesday we were curious to know if you own a “stick and brick” home and yup, 81 percent of you do. Some of you, 3 percent, don’t own a home but you rent or lease one, but a good bunch of you, 15 percent, don’t own a home at all – your RV is your only home. Many of you mentioned in the comments that you’re looking forward to selling your “stick and brick” home soon and getting out on the road full-time. Yay!

Not too many gamblers here today, huh? Wednesday’s poll told us that 49 percent of you never play games or bet money at casinos and 36 percent of you hardly ever do. We only got 10 votes saying that you bet money at casinos multiple times a week and only 17 votes saying you’re there about once a week. Only 35 voters say you’re there a few times a month, 205 voters are there every few months, and 156 voters (which was only 6 percent) say you go about once a year. Reader Scooter commented, “‘Do you gamble?’ FRANK DREBIN: ‘Every time I order out.’” I don’t know who Frank Drebin is, but this made me laugh! Ain’t that the truth. [Editor: Franklin “Frank” Drebin is a fictional character in the Police Squad! series and The Naked Gun movies played by Leslie Nielsen.Thanks, Google!]

For those of you who put up with us three days a week, and continue reading through Thursday – We thank you. We know sometimes our tips can be basic (we do our best!), our jokes can be corny, and our rants can be repetitive, but we do hope you find some things each day to enjoy. We try to keep it interesting for you. That being said, on Thursday we asked a very controversial question (ha): When washing your hands, what comes first, soap or water? Water does, according to the 64 percent of you who wet your hands first, then apply soap. The other 36 percent of you first apply soap, then wash.

That’s a wrap! See y’all in July.

Emily Woodbury
Emily Woodbury
Emily Woodbury is the editor here at She was lucky enough to grow up alongside two traveling parents, one domestically by RV (yep, Chuck Woodbury) and the other for international adventures, and has been lucky to see a great deal of our world (and counting!). She lives near Seattle with her dog and chickens. When she's not cranking out 365+ newsletters for she's hiking, cooking or, well, probably traveling.



0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe to comments
Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

1 Comment
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Bob Godfrey (@guest_48542)
4 years ago

The water or soap question had me thinking during the week that if you are using bar soap you would almost always wet your hands and the soap first, but if you are using liquid soap you could start with either one.

Sign up for the

RVtravel Newsletter

Sign up and receive 3 FREE RV Checklists: Set-Up, Take-Down and Packing List.