Monday, January 30, 2023

MENU

Fire totals RV: Combustible material too near heater

(Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022) — Fire officials in Hastings, Nebraska, are reporting that a travel trailer that went up in flames today was done in by combustible materials too close to the RV’s heater. No injuries were reported.

When firefighters got to the scene, smoke and flames from the RV were visible.

Crews were able to get the fire under control quickly, but the RV was a total loss. There was also damage to a nearby car and power lines. The Hastings Utilities Department was on scene to help with the power line damage.

Also, today, a man was dead after his RV caught fire in Rupert, Idaho. It appeared that a former taco truck had been turned into a living space. Again, the cause was because of combustible material being too close to the heater, in this case a wood-burning stove.

Advertisement/Affiliate

If you value what you learn from RVtravel.com, would you please consider becoming a voluntary subscriber by pledging your support? Every contribution, no matter how modest, helps us serve you better. Thank youLearn more here.

Facebook Groups you might like
RVing with Dogs
RV Tech Tips
RV Advice
Towing Behind a Motorhome
RVing Over 70
. . . and the official RVtravel.com Facebook page

Winterizing your RV this season? Amazon has a wide choice of RV antifreeze.

Comments

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe to comments
Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

2 Comments
Newest
Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
chris
1 year ago

Electric space heaters.. because you want to save a few bucks on propane.

Virginia Thompson
1 year ago

That is terrible about the man who died when his RV caught fire. We had a fire caused by a faulty lithium jumper battery (that’s what I call them) which evidently had a short and caught fire. Luckily, the RV was parked out back; the ‘living area’ was totaled, but the driving area wasn’t touched. My daughter is going to make some use of it. Allstate gave us a good value and let us keep the unit.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Every Saturday and Sunday morning. Serving RVers for more than 20 years.