Every RVer has a little file in his or her head, listing some of their favorite haunts. Well, Uncle Sam has a file too, and recently, recreation.gov cut loose with a list of five destinations you may want to put on your investigation list.
Boulder Creek, California (Plumas National Forest)
- Location: This spot is in the northern Sierra Nevada Mountains, northeast of San Francisco.
- Features: It has everything nature lovers would want, such as beautiful lakes, streams and mountains, as well as prairies surrounded by plants and animals.
- Activities: It is a place where you can swim, fish, ride a boat or kayak, mountain bike and camp.
Alley Creek Camp, Texas
- Location: On the edge of Lake O’ the Pines, east of Dallas and near the towns of Jefferson and Marshall.
- Features: There’s a magnificent lake surrounded by pine trees and the region’s native flora and fauna. The lake is a result of the construction of a dam, but now it’s considered an oasis of outdoor recreation.
- Activities: Families can enjoy camping, swimming, hunting, fishing, boat rides, or hiking along trails and exploring nature.
Buck Lake, Florida
- Location: This recreational area is located in Ocala National Forest.
- Features: The Buck Lake area has the second longest forest in the state of Florida, and more than 600 lakes, rivers and springs that are popular tourist attractions.
- Activities: This site offers a variety of ways to enjoy the open air, including fishing, boat rides, camping, picnics, hiking and more.
Camp Gateway, New York
- Location: Situated at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, this park is a great natural space within the urban environment of New York City.
- Features: The area’s meadows, trees, sand dunes, lagoons and beaches attract many tourists year-round.
- Activities: You can choose among hiking, fishing, biking or camping. There are also guided tours and other programs available.
Apache Trout Campground, Arizona
- Location: This spot is east of Phoenix, near the New Mexico border.
- Features: Wide open spaces, pine forests, mountain scenery and Big Lake are all ideal for relaxation.
- Activities: This is a good spot for outdoor activities like trout fishing, hiking, mountain biking, picnics and camping.
We are sorry that this article was not enjoyable for you!
Let us improve this article!
Tell us how we can improve this article?