Every RVer has a little file in his or her head, listing some of their favorite haunts. Well, Uncle Sam has a file too, and recently, recreation.gov cut loose with a list of five destinations you may want to put on your investigation list.
Boulder Creek, California (Plumas National Forest)
- Location: This spot is in the northern Sierra Nevada Mountains, northeast of San Francisco.
- Features: It has everything nature lovers would want, such as beautiful lakes, streams and mountains, as well as prairies surrounded by plants and animals.
- Activities: It is a place where you can swim, fish, ride a boat or kayak, mountain bike and camp.
Alley Creek Camp, Texas
- Location: On the edge of Lake O’ the Pines, east of Dallas and near the towns of Jefferson and Marshall.
- Features: There’s a magnificent lake surrounded by pine trees and the region’s native flora and fauna. The lake is a result of the construction of a dam, but now it’s considered an oasis of outdoor recreation.
- Activities: Families can enjoy camping, swimming, hunting, fishing, boat rides, or hiking along trails and exploring nature.
Buck Lake, Florida
- Location: This recreational area is located in Ocala National Forest.
- Features: The Buck Lake area has the second longest forest in the state of Florida, and more than 600 lakes, rivers and springs that are popular tourist attractions.
- Activities: This site offers a variety of ways to enjoy the open air, including fishing, boat rides, camping, picnics, hiking and more.
Camp Gateway, New York
- Location: Situated at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, this park is a great natural space within the urban environment of New York City.
- Features: The area’s meadows, trees, sand dunes, lagoons and beaches attract many tourists year-round.
- Activities: You can choose among hiking, fishing, biking or camping. There are also guided tours and other programs available.
Apache Trout Campground, Arizona
- Location: This spot is east of Phoenix, near the New Mexico border.
- Features: Wide open spaces, pine forests, mountain scenery and Big Lake are all ideal for relaxation.
- Activities: This is a good spot for outdoor activities like trout fishing, hiking, mountain biking, picnics and camping.