By RVTravel Staff
Not everyone owns an RV — perhaps you’re “sticking your toe in the water” first to determine whether or not to jump in. Here are some questions you should ask before renting a recreational vehicle, as reported in Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel magazine (along with some suggestions of our own):
1. Which type of RV is right for me? Motorhome? Trailer?
2. How many people will it sleep?
2. Do I need a special license or extra insurance?
4. Where do I camp and how much does it cost?
5. How much does it cost for the RV?
6. Am I too old or too young for this?
7. When and where do we eat?
8. Where should we go?
9. Which season is best? (Rental bargains await outside of the prime travel season.)
10. What kitchen items, linens and other basic necessities will an RV rental company furnish?