By Nanci Dixon
My new favorite flavor is curry and this Indian-inspired curry chicken and veggies prepared quickly in an Instant Pot™ is a great way to spice up a cool fall or winter day. You can serve it over rice or slurp it up as a soup.
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
• 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1/2 cup baby carrots, sliced into rounds
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder (depending on how you like it)
• 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
• 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk
1. Set Instant Pot to sauté
2. When oil is hot, add chicken pieces and brown
3. Turn Instant Pot off
4. Add all remaining ingredients and stir
5. Set Instant Pot to manual, high for 5 minutes
6. When done, quick release
7. Serve over rice or in bowls as a soup
Read last week’s Instant Pot recipe, bacon-wrapped turkey, here.
Ditch tomato, substitute 6 tablespoons of peanut butter. It becomes peanut curry chicken.
Somebody needs to tell Nanci that one would use a STALK of celery — not a “stock” — no such thing with regard to celery — stock up on the celery in your refrigerator is OK.
Ha! Thanks, Elaine! I guess I forgot to proof the list of ingredients when I was proofing the rest of this post. It’s been fixed. 🙂 —Diane at RVtravel.com