Article based on a news release
TAMPA, Fla., Jan. 17, 2019 — Foretravel Motorcoach, a manufacturer of luxury motorhomes, and Spartan Motors, Inc., have introduced the Foretravel Iron Colt (ic-37), a 37-foot Class A diesel motorhome.
The RV is debuting at the Florida RV SuperShow in Tampa. It’s targeted at new RVers just entering the Class A market or other RVers who want to downsize but not lose creature comforts.
The RV is built atop Spartan’s K2 450 chassis and features Spartan Motors’ Safe Haul integrated tow braking system and Connected Coach, a technology bundle that includes a digital dash-display of the coach’s instrument panel cluster and navigation components. Additionally, the coach includes fuel level and DEF level gauges and keyless start technology.
Foretravel designed the ic-37 to be smaller in length and shorter in height while increasing horsepower to preserve towing and power capabilities associated with a Class A diesel motorhome. The ic-37 offers large capacity tanks for onboard fuel, freshwater and corresponding holding tanks.
Premium features unique to the RV include:
- Cummins L9 450-HP diesel engine
- Allison 3000 MH transmission
- 3-stage engine compression brake
- Suspended adjustable pedals
- 17,000-lb. independent front suspension with air disc brakes
- 24,000-lb. drive axle with air disc brakes
- Spartan Connected Coach™ featuring push-button start and next-generation digital dash
- Safe Haul™ chassis integrated air supply for tow vehicle brake systems
In addition to best-in-class technology, Spartan provides nearly 300 authorized service centers across the U.S. to provide RV owners with 24/7/365 support.
Tour the coach in the video below.