Winnebago has updated the features of its 2020 accessibility-enhanced RV line. All models now feature air-assisted doors for wheelchair lifts.
The new Intent 30R AE includes a power Murphy bed-sofa which provides additional living space when not in use, while the 2020 30T AE Adventurer boasts a sofa-bed, to accommodate additional passengers. While the updated AE 2020 line provides expanded accommodations for traveler freedom, the product also standardizes the purchasing process through dealers such as Stoltzfus RV, Lazydays RV, and US Adventure RV. The new line will be on display this coming week at America’s Largest RV Show, September 11 to 15 at the Giant Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau 2012 report, approximately 3.6 million people over the age of 15 use a wheelchair, with an additional 11.6 million utilizing canes, crutches or walkers.
In addition to the new features, the accessibility-enhanced RV line includes floorplans that reflect the most commonly requested design elements such as:
- Platform wheelchair lift with an 800-pound lifting capacity
- Air-assisted door, with wall-mount and key-fob remote controls for wheelchair entry and exit
- Expanded hallway and bathroom areas
- Large roll-in shower with an assist bar and available folding bench seat, and adjustable height shower head, raised toilet with assist bars
- Roll under lavatory sink standard on 30T AE Adventurer floorplan
- Electric adjustable queen bed standard on 34T AE Forza, optional for 30T AE Adventurer (or power Murphy sofa-bed depending on the model)
- Thermostatically or remote-control roof vents
- Wall-mounted light and generator switches
- Lower installation of the systems monitor panel
- Optional 6-way power transfer seat
- Optional lower microwave placement
For more information about Winnebago’s accessibility-enhanced vehicles, visit https://winnebagoind.com/product-classes/accessibilty-enhanced.