Fire danger avoided in RV with questionable wiring

2

The subject of RV fires comes up often at RVtravel.com. RVs burn, and they burn very fast: If not caught within a minute the coach will usually be a goner. If you want to see what we mean, visit YouTube.com and search for RV fires.

Fires can be caused by many things — often the result of poor engine maintenance, even a blown tire that catches fire and quickly spreads to the RV itself.


Another significant cause is faulty wiring, which for most of us is difficult to see without some serious poking around our RVs, usually in places hard to get to. In this video, an RVer shows you a great example of faulty wiring on this Tiffin motorhome. He notes the dangerous wiring is not necessarily Tiffin’s fault as it could have been from work done later.

Whatever the case, watch the short video. It’s an eye-opener, for sure.

2
Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Jean C

We owned a 2012 Thor Challenger. The microwave/convection oven would not work. Thor replaced it 5 times in one year. We told them there was a wiring problem. They said they would continue to replace it. We never got to use it. We replaced the RV.

Jeff

Should have replaced that wire with a New One. It was a readily available Power Plug at Walmart or order it on Amazon.

I would not have put a Damaged Wire like that back in USE!