By Bob Difley
As part of its ongoing product evolution, SmartPlug Systems has incorporated several upgrades into its 30A connector. The BF30 30A Retro-fit Connector ushers in a new standard of safety for boat and RV owners.
Changes to the BF30 30A Retro-fit Connector are all internal. The improvements incorporate the same proven technology which has been used for several years in SmartPlug’s 50A inlets and connectors. They include a wire capture system with set screws, along with improved wire guides and a new mechanical cord restraint. These new design features simplify installation, increase the electrical contact, accurately align the internal wiring and strengthen the connection to the power cable.
The SmartPlug System is a safe alternative to standard AC connections. It protects against the two leading causes of fire and electrocution: overheating and loose connections. The company’s products are CE certified and engineered to meet or exceed code compliance standards for the US, Canadian, and European markets.
What is the SmartPlug?
The SmartPlug is a revolutionary shore power system designed to replace the outdated and problematic twist-type design in use today. It’s intuitive to use and provides greater protection against loose connections and corrosion – the leading causes of shore power failure and fires.
• It’s weatherproof
• 3 fully weatherproof seals prevent against water intrusion and corrosion
• It locks into place
• Multi-point locking system ensures a solid and secure connection from plug to inlet
• It protects from overheating
• Straight-in connection and blades with 20x more contact area greatly reduce electrical resistance and the chance of arcing
• It pushes straight in
• Straight pins means no twisting required and no chance for misalignment
• It’s easy to install
• Inlet installs using the standard mounting screw hole pattern
• It’s easy to get into
• Fully molded cordsets, retrofit kits, inlets and adapters make transitioning into the SmartPlug solution easy
You can find Bob Difley’s RVing ebooks on Amazon Kindle.